Most of the users face HP printer offline issue. Behind the printer offline error, there could be multiple factors. However, no one can deny the fact that HP offers the great quality and best printers to their customers globally. Then what could be the reason behind HP printer jam and goes offline? Don’t worry here we are going to cover everything about why HP printer offline issue. So, let’s begin with it!
What Makes HP Printer Offline?
There can be many reasons, but the most common reason is – Network Connectivity.
The time a user faces the printer offline issue, it points that the printer is failed to communicate with the desktop, laptop, or any connected device. So, to bring HP printer back to online, you need to apply a few basic troubleshooting steps.
The printer offline issue becomes more annoying when you have to print some important documents. Such offline issue can happen with a wireless or wired HP printer. To have the perfect fix, consider the below-mentioned troubleshooting instructions.
Solution 1: Check the Network Cables
- First of all, check all the cables are connected well to your printer.
- Check the both ends of the USB cables. Make sure they are inserted firmly.
- If your HP printer is connected to your desktop or laptop via the Ethernet cable, then ensure that it is connected well.
- Make sure that there is no HP printer paper jam. If so, then clean the print head.
- Try to use different cable to make sure that the previous cable is not faulty.
- If connected wireless, then make sure, your internet is working fine.
Solution 2: Use HP Print to Check Network Connectivity
To check the printer network connectivity with your desktop or laptop, download the HP print software. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to fix HP printer offline issue with the help of HP Print software.
- First of all, download and install the HP Print on your desktop or laptop.
- Run the installed HP Print software.
- Click on the Start, and then select your HP printer.
- While selecting your preferred printer if it is not in the list, then turn off your HP printer and restart it again.
- Make sure you have turn on the printer updates.
- Select Yes.
- Follow the instructions of your HP Print.
- If it asks to turn on your HP printer, then select Yes.
- If possible, make your HP printer as a default printer.
- Again, select yes.
- Now, retry to print from your printer. But if the printer remains offline, then consider the alternative method.
Solution 3: Try to Remove Pending Printing Jobs
- Click on the Start button.
- Now, select the Settings option.
- Click on the ‘Devices’ option.
- Select your printer model.
- Right-click on the printer, and check what’s printing.
- If any pending job is left or in queue, then try to delete it and print your important document first.