Financial institutions, such as banks and NBFCs, in an effort to make Indians embrace digital payments, have made it extremely easy for individuals to secure a credit card. Not too long ago, Indian consumers were rather skeptical about owning a credit card, as it was seen as the gateway for reckless spending, and incurring financial debt. However, as consumers smartened up to the advantages of credit cards, they have begun opting for credit cards almost with the same enthusiasm as they had earlier opted for debit cards.
All the top banks and NBFCs today offer credit cards with easy-to-meet eligibility criteria, as cards come bundled with a plethora of benefits and offers. Furthermore, depending on the individual’s requirements and spending patterns, they can choose cards that offer them greater benefits. For instance, ICICI partnered with Amazon to offer the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card, while Axis Bank did something similar with Flipkart, offering the Flipkart Axis Bank credit card. Needless to say, other banks and financial institutions have also launched cards that catered to different lifestyles, with every individual now having a card that would suit their specific needs and requirements.
With all that said, we take a gander at the best credit card variants available today, and how they offer industry-first features and benefits to cardholders.
Best credit cards in India
Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard
When we talk about the best credit cards in India, we have to mention the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. This credit card comes with the power of four cards in one and allows you to withdraw money from an ATM machine without any additional charges for up to 50 days. Furthermore, you can purchase your favorite products from Bajaj Finserv’s partner stores in easy EMIs.
- Withdraw cash from ATMs at zero interest for up to 50 days
- Avail an emergency loan, with only a nominal processing fee of 2.5%
- Get privileges from Bajaj Finserv, while enjoying instant approval
- Enjoy advanced security features with this credit card, such as in-hand security, and zero-fraud liability cover
- Save up to Rs. 55,700 annually, while collecting reward points on every purchase
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
Amazon partnered with ICICI to offer arguably the best shopping credit card that one would want. This card enables avid shoppers to save big while shopping on Amazon, as it offers cashback and a myriad of other benefits. Furthermore, there is no joining fee, annual fee or renewal fee involved when you apply for this credit card.
- Get 5% cashback on all purchases on the website, if you are an Amazon Prime member
- Get 3% cashback on all purchases on the website, if you are not an Amazon Prime member
- Enjoy 2% cash back on purchases at partner stores, along with gift card purchases
- Get 2% reward points on all recharges and bill payments
- Enjoy 1% cash back on other purchases
HDFC Regalia Credit Card
When we talk about credit cards that come with bundled benefits, we have to mention the HDFC Regalia Credit Card. This card offers something for everyone in every category, such as discounts on dining, an excellent rewards program, and a comprehensive protection plan.
- 2500 reward points on paying the joining fee, and the renewal fee every 12 months
- Complimentary airport lounge access domestically (12 every year)
- Up to 12 international lounge access every 12 months
- You can get up to 10,000 reward points upon spending Rs. 5 lakh by using the credit card, and get additional 5,000 points on spending Rs. 8 lakh
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on making transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 at any and all petrol pumps
- Air accidental death cover of Rs. 1 crore
IndianOil Citiban Platinum Credit Card
This particular fuel credit card is extremely beneficial if you want to reduce fuel costs.
- You can get up to 71 liters of free fuel every 12 months, in the way of a fuel surcharge waiver, along with turbo points
- You can earn 4 turbo points on every Rs. 150 spent at the authorized Indian Oil retail outlets
If you’re still thinking, “how to get a credit card”, the online application process to obtain a credit card is simple and hassle-free. Head over to the bank’s official website, and click on ‘Credit Cards’, and follow the steps to apply for a new credit card. But first, do your research, and apply for a credit card that gives you a host of benefits, and is tailored for you.