Calculating the average of the cost of removal companies London can be an overwhelming experience. Mostly the prices that are calculated are based on the volume and distance of the move. However, there is a catch, every move is different, and the type of services you hire will determine the overall costs.
How much do removals companies cost?
Based on the research we have done, the average cost of moving is:
- 1-2 bedroom house is around £300 – £433
- 3 bedroom house is £595
- 4 bedroom house is £850
- 5 bedroom house is £1164
Keep in mind that the size of the property is not only dependant on the property size but also the distance they have to cover. Further, if you asked them to disassemble or reassemble the furniture or electronic equipment, even packing and unpacking it will incur additional costs.
To relieve you from the stress and burden from your shoulders, we have developed some helpful tips and guidance that will save you some money.
Firstly, you need to ask three removal agencies to pay a visit to your home and offer you with an estimated quote. Every company has a dedicated removals evaluator whose purpose is to assess all the possessions which the client wants to take with them. Estimated quotes depend on the number of items that need to be shifted from one place to another. So it is essential that they know exactly what needs to be taken. If you add items at the last moment, then you will have to bear the extra expenses and delays. You should also indicate the evaluator of any items that you are not going to take.
It is best to schedule your moving date as soon as possible. It is useful to avoid weekends and holidays if you want to keep the cost minimum.
Professional removal companies provide an assortment of moving services. So if you want them to do more than merely transporting your furniture, make certain you verify the price with the evaluator. There are quite a number of extra charges that you might want to consider.
Moving companies provide a variety of packing and unpacking services at an extra cost to fit your needs; these consist of:
- Packing materials – take a look at to see if the evaluator includes any packing materials to your packing costs. Even if you decide to pack yourself affirm how much it would cost if you buy it from them instead from the local store.
- Packing service – you can hire this service if you do not intend to do the packing.
- Unpacking service – many companies also provide unpacking services at extra charges. Otherwise, they will just put the boxes in the rooms you direct them and leave.
- Crating – if you have delicate items or souvenirs or electronic appliances and you do not have their original packaging, then let the removal company know about it. Every now and then, fragile objects may be safer to move in a specially built wooden crate. It is critical to check that these had been included in your quote.
Late charges and cancellations
Due to unexpected situations, you won’t be able to get access to your new property at the agreed time. so it is worth taking into account the following points:
- Late key expenses -if your removal company ought to wait an extended period of time to begin unpacking after arriving at the new property, you can be charged.
- Policies of cancellation- check the removal companies cancellation policies. Many removal companies ask you to deposit a calculated percentage of the cost removals after that you can book your move date. It is practical to check the terms and conditions of your quote. And notice if you might forfeit a share of your deposit because of cancelling your confirmed date at last moment.
Last but not least, you need to check whether they are providing storage services, in case you need one. And if you do there are separate charges which mostly depend on the time duration you want to keep your furniture or other belongings stored there.