If you are owner of a four-wheeler vehicle, you must be aware how important it is to keep up the condition of your vehicle. Periodic servicing of your vehicle is of utmost importance to maintain and extend their longevity. If your vehicle’s condition is not up to the mark, then definitely you will face some issues while driving and you are prone to higher risks of mishaps also. It helps in proper valve operation and also in creating a less friction-ridden environment for the brakes.
Out of so many areas that come under car servicing, transmission fluid service is of top priority as it is entirely responsible for the efficient transfer of power from engine to wheels. Periodic transmission fluid service helps to remove the accumulated build up from your car’s system. If there is no color, or a bad tar-like smell that comes out from the transmission fluid, then you need professionals to check this. They will drain off the old transmission fluid from transmission system, change the filter and refill the system with new transmission fluid.
Signs Your Car Needs Transmission Fluid Service
There are few signs that your car will give when it is in need of transmission fluid service. Look for these signs and fix an appointment with your car service center.
- Grinding Noises – There are two instances when you will come across some strange grinding noises, either level of transmission fluid is inadequate, or it has got contaminated with grease, dirt and slime. While driving if you notice some strange noises, then stop your vehicle while engine is running and check transmission fluid level. If level of fluid is adequate, then check its color; if color is brown or black because of dirt and grime instead of bright red then your vehicle needs transmission fluid service.
- Issues with Shifting Gears or Slipping Gears –You will face issues while changing gears, either gear will change too quickly or too late while driving. Also, in order to stay in the required gear the transmission system of your car must have optimum pressure. But if it is not clear then contaminants will interfere in the flow of fluid and will result in insufficient transmission pressure.
- Delayed Movement – If your vehicle stays for one or two seconds before moving even after being put on gear, and there is no other problem in transmission system, then certainly it is a sign that it needs transmission fluid service.
Benefits of Transmission Fluid Service
- Enhanced Fuel Economy – If you go for regular transmission servicing then it will keep your engine in good health. Your car’s engine will remain properly powered and lubricated, working at optimum efficiency. This will help you save on your fuel expenses.
- Avoid Engine Lock-up – If transmission fluid is filled with dirt and grime, then it might cause engine to lock-up. This means that transmission system is working too hard to transfer power to engine and is unable to do so as it is filled with contaminants. Regular service of transmission fluid will help in preventing engine lock-up and also enhance the overall on-road performance of the car.
- Saves Money and Car Operates Smoother – If you keep going for regular transmission fluid service at prescribed time intervals, then you will never face the issue of replacing the entire transmission system which is quite expensive. Changing fluid will not cost you much and it will also keep your car engine in good health.
So, these were few signs and benefits related to transmission fluid service. Your vehicle is your asset, so maintaining its good health is equally important as it’s your own health. Look for these signs and take your car to service center for changing the transmission fluid and enjoy its benefits while driving.