wPreparing for the GMAT exam is extremely important if you want to get into the University of your Choice to pursue an MBA degree. There are several steps that you have to follow to navigate through this crucial process. Some of the steps which you must follow are:
- Identify your GMAT test date taking into account the deadlines for your admissions to the selected B-schools. You will need to choose a date that allows you a minimum of 8 weeks preparation time. Of course, if you are already familiar with most of the concepts, then you can schedule the test date with a shorter interval period.
- You will have to review your mathematical skills, verbal skills, and critical thinking skills through mock tests since these are some of the major areas which will be evaluated in the exam.
- Practice your time management skills so that on the day of the GMAT you don’t feel too stressed to complete the exam within the stipulated time.
- Ensure you spend time studying practice questions from previous GMAT papers for all sections (Verbal, Quantitative, Analytical Writing, and Integrated Reasoning).
- You can refer to the official GMAT website for authentic GMAT practice papers and questions.
- A good study plan will assist you immensely in achieving your desired target score in the GMAT exam. The study plan must include sufficient time to study all the concepts from the syllabus. It should also allow you to attempt enough mock exams that will give you an idea about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Attempting mock exams will also assist you in understanding the basic structure of the GMAT exam and how close to your target score you are.
- Finally, do give yourself a realistic target instead of trying to pressure yourself too much.
So if you have been wondering how to prepare for the GMAT, then the above- mentioned steps will help you get started. Now, let us see how you can prepare for the exam online.
GMAT Prep Online
While it might seem like a daunting task to prepare for the GMAT exam by yourself, it is certainly possible. There are so many materials that are now available online that are just a click away. GMAT Prep online can be done at your own pace, with the study materials best suited for your needs. Moreover, you have access to unlimited resources. With all these materials, you can come up with a study plan (a 2-month-6-month plan) for yourself and decide what to study when, which section, which practice tests to answer and more.
You will need to practice self-discipline, work hard and be dedicated to prepare successfully. You can also select the order in which you would like to study (i.e.) if you are not confident in the Quantitative section, then you can allot and dedicate more time towards studying the Quant topics, likewise for the Verbal section as well. There are a lot of materials on the official website and other sites to help you get through these sections. All you need to do is learn, revise and take a mock test.how to prepare for the GMAT
For the Analytical Writing and Critical Reasoning sections, it is suggested that you go through some example essays, which have been written by candidates who have previously attempted the exam. This gives you a basic overview of how to structure the essay, the points you need to include. Your vocabulary will also improve in the process.
Keep attempting a lot of sample mock question papers since this is the key to gaining confidence for the GMAT exam. These mock exams will help you to understand the scoring range that you fall in and how to improve it till you attain the desired score.
In addition to the above self-study tips, you could also take some professional help. There are many platforms that help you with your preparation. Good Luck!