Do you know your hair edges mean the soft, wispy baby hairs which grow along your hairline and tend to frame your face, are the most brittle hairs on your head? Yeah, it’s true. It doesn’t take much time to break or pull out baby hair. So, you need to take extra care of them, especially when you wash, style, moisturize, and deep condition your hair.
The Causes of Thinning Edges
Have you ever thought about the reason for your hair margins getting thinner day by day?
Well, the leading causes of hair loss could be due to pregnancy, stress, hereditary, postpartum, drastic weight loss, hypothyroidism, hormone imbalances like polycystic ovarian syndrome, scalp conditions like seborrheic dermatitis, alopecia areata, chronic illnesses like lupus, iron deficiency, anaemia, and excessively tight styling.
Nowadays, many women all over the world are experiencing thinning edges, which is due to excessive styling or lousy styling habits. Well, this problem can be faced by anyone so, don’t get worried. But, as we all know that prevention is better than getting cured. So, you need to follow all the precautions, to prevent from thinning hair margins,
However, if you face the same problem or have thin and severely damaged sides, there is no need to worry! Because it’s not too late. We are here with some of the significant steps to grow back your margins.
If you have got healthy edges, then it’s good news. But, you also need to follow these steps to keep them that way.
Tips to protect your hair edges
- Always Massage your edges with natural oils to keep them moisturized and stimulate fast hair growth. The oils protect and strengthen your hair, whereas massaging the scalp stimulates your blood circulation and promotes healthy growth.
- Be careful while choosing headbands and hats. Always look for headbands with a silk lining. You can also use a thin satin scarf. The use of satin or silk protects your breakable edges from breaking on hats.
- Whenever you tend to moisturize your hair, never neglect your hair margins. Do you know your dry hair increases the risk of breakage? So, give them special attention to proper care. Always seal in moisture to stop your edges from drying out.
- Put limits on the use of high maintenance styles. It pulls tension on your hair margins. Do you know even your ponytails and twists can damage your hair margins if you keep them too tight? So, if you get extensions, always consult your stylist to leave out your edges.
- Wrap and protect your edges at night with the help of a silk scarf or bonnet. Any fabric can absorb your hair oil and moisture, making the hair dry and brittle. Also, friction with the pillowcase will break your hair margins. So, it is recommended to tie the scarf on your forehead, to avoid friction.
- Stop touching your hair margins often! Your hair margins are breakable, so avoid pulling them often because many people tend to lose their edges by absentmindedly pulling them.
- Deep condition daily to strengthen your hair edges, along with the rest of the hair. Always use conditioners that contain natural ingredients that help nourish, moisturize, and improve your hair.
- Take proper vitamins and nutrients. Vitamins & minerals are essential for growing and maintaining the strength of your hair margins.
- Stop using too much heat. Do you know that heat tools have the potential to fry your hair margins completely? It is because your edges are the most fragile hairs on your head. Especially if your hair margins are thinning then, take a break from the heat. Now, even if your edges are healthy, use less heat.
Patience! Well, recovering from thinning edges and growing back again, takes time. But, if you start following these steps, you’ll see results in no time.
Never take your thinner hair edges lightly because it doesn’t take them much time to break severely. One way to avoid this problem is to take proper vitamins & nutrients. Also, follow all the necessary steps to protect your hair edges. Whether you are facing thinner hair edges or not, you should take complete care of your hair.