Pre-launching an online course means creating the needed hype about your online course even before it can be accessed. Pre-launching your online course is like a marketing investment that fetches you results even before it’s available in the public domain.
If you haven’t heard about this term or unsure of how to go about it, this guide is just what you need.
In this article, we will touch base on the following subjects:
- What does “pre-launching an online course” mean?
- How do I pre-launch my online course?
- What tools do I need to Pre-launch my online course?
- What do good pre-launch emails look like?
- Help people learn to do what they love
What does “pre-launching an online course” mean?
As a course creator when you begin to generate buzz about your online course while sometimes making it available for pre-orders, that’s called the “Pre-launch” of your course.
Here, the course can’t be accessed immediately but only on a certain date. However, because of the following fan base that you have created, the learners begin to purchase it beforehand.
You can keep a pre-launch offer where you keep an exclusive sneak peek of your course content & can conduct a Q&A session with your potential learners. Here, try to focus on what your students will get from the course. Or, reveal the tantalizing details that would encourage the people to sign up.
The best thing about course pre-launches is that you can keep your course for pre-order even before it’s complete. As a matter of fact, it’s better that your course is incomplete during your pre-launch period so that your valuable hours & resources can be utilised in designing an online course that people are interested in buying.
How do I pre-launch my online course?
Irrespective of the course topic you are creating your course on, there are two main stages for pre-launching an online course.
- Growing your email list.
- Creating a promotional “teaser” course content.
Let’s first address why having an email list is absolutely essential while selling an online course.
Building an email list for an online course:
You must grow an email list for your online course as the first step for any pre-launch plan.
As per a study, 39% of consumers wished that brand emails were less promotional & more informational. Hence, make sure the emails that you send are designed as a personalized information funnel which is fun & informative for your subscribers.
Creating “teaser” content for your online course
As I have already mentioned before, you don’t need to complete your entire course before pre-launching it.
However, you must give your subscribers a taste of your online course content. Encourage them to purchase it.
While creating the best teaser content, make sure you have integrated the following three things:
- It clearly portrays what your prospective learners will learn by the end of the course.
- It shows the goal-oriented actionable steps that your learners would be encouraged to take so that they get closer to their goals.
- Clearly outline the specific skills that your learners will learn and they can apply it upon completion.
Written content is crucial while designing your online course sales page. However, your teaser should mainly be visual & quite interactive.
What tools do I need to pre-launch my online course?
You don’t need tons of tools during your pre-launch period. If you are using an online course platform like Spayee, you even need fewer. Online Course platforms like Spayee have in-built integration of many in-house and third- party tools.
Let me highlight a few tools that you would need to actually pre-launch a course. Please note that it doesn’t mention the tools you need to record or edit your video content.
Email marketing tools for online course creators:
Email marketing gives higher ROI.Hence, you need to pick the right email marketing tool. As a creator you must be looking at an email service provider that seamlessly integrates with your online course website. While choosing a right set of online course website & email integration tools, make sure it doesn’t require much technical maintenance.
Spayee is right up your alley.
You can integrate tools like Mailchimp or Converter Kit which works best.
Landing page tools for online course creators
In order to grow your email list, you must be needing a course landing page.
A course landing page is also known as a sales page. This is a web page where your viewers will land on before buying your course. It contains all the required information that would give your learners enough knowledge to take a decision.
For example: If you are running an ad in order to promote your online course, you can do either of these two things:
- If your primary goal is just to build your email list, give away something for free on your landing page & collect your readers’ email addresses, maybe one or two pieces of information. In order to get people to sign up, you will provide them with the gated content which is known as a lead magnet. You can give away ebooks, mini courses or videos in exchange for an email address.
- However, if your primary goal is to book pre-orders & sales, then you need a Checkout Form & not a lead magnet.
What do good pre-launch emails look like?
I have spoken a lot about designing fun Emails & choosing the right Email service provider. In this section, we’ll go a little in-depth on the elements that your Emails must be having.
Before we proceed, just know that Email is one such channel that gives you tremendous scope to be a little bold or audacious. While trying to create a noteworthy pre-launch email,
You don’t have to follow a certain template, but make sure it accomplishes the top three things:
- Announce your online course that is being pre-launched.
- Talk about the benefits in detail for your potential customers.
- Reveal the big pre-launch date.
- Help people learn to do what they love
When you begin on the path of producing your online course, you must get your mindset shift right. You must understand that launching your online course is worth nothing if it’s not giving your learners a solution to their specific problems.
Summing it up, you mainly need three things to pre-launch your online course:
- An email marketing tool to seamlessly connect with your online course platform.
- A course landing page builder using which you can collect email addresses or pre-sell your courses.
- A teaser content that’s attractive, fun & promotional.
And, the key is to start Today.