Cardiac procedures or procedures at the heart clinic help examine, evaluate and treat the issues related to your heart health. As it concerns your heart, these procedures need expert attention, and you must always visit a technically advanced clinic for them. For this purpose, the heart clinic is a popular and most reliable place.
Different heart procedures
From regular checkups to bypass surgeries, any heart clinic carries out a variety of procedures. Mentioned below are a few of them.
These procedures are associated with abnormal heart rhythms. It can also be done during your regular body checkup, ensuring your heart is functioning well. These procedures include the following.
- Blood Pressure examination using a sphygmomanometer.
- ECG; to check the electrical reflexes of your heart. In this process, electrical impulses induced will check the rhythms. A record of heart rate is maintained for a small time interval. Observing these results, your doctor can detect the abnormalities in your heart functioning well on time.
- Stress test or popularly known as a cardiac stress test, is another procedure done to check your heart’s reflexes to external stress. This external stress can be caused by exercising or can be induced by medications.
- Catheterization; this process involves doing X-rays or ultrasound to visualize the vascular endothelium.
- Pacemaker; if a person has abnormal electrical activity, the pacemaker can help regulate the rhythm and heart rate.
Apart from these general procedures, a well-equipped place, like the Essex heart clinic, can also assist with surgical processes.
Under adverse situations, where regular medications and general procedures are not helping, you may need surgery. There are various types of surgical procedures, and a few of them are:
If your arteries are blocked, angioplasty is the process to make the blood flow smooth by removing the blockage. It is also called balloon angioplasty. During this procedure, your doctor will insert a thin tube with a balloon through the blood vessel in question. Once this tube reaches its desired location, the balloon bursts to remove the plague.
This procedure provides relief from pain due to blocked arteries. Furthermore, to minimize the damage to heart muscles.
It is a complicated procedure, performed if blocked arteries are not capable of clearance using angioplasty. Under bypass surgery, the flow of blood is restored by providing a new route to the flow. It involves taking an artery from another body part like your leg and connecting it to the blocked artery. After this, your doctor provides an alternate path for the blood flow.
The procedure is done in emergencies like a heart attack. Also, if you have severe chest pain and all other treatments have failed to respond.
Other than these surgical procedures, there is cardiomyoplasty to strengthen hurt muscles artificially and a lot more. It is always advisable to consult with a specialist. Get your condition thoroughly checked before you undergo any heart procedure, however big or small.