Emerald Gemstone Meaning and Properties
The exotic Emerald Gemstone is a precious stone is regarded since ancient times. The vivid green colour of this gemstone has won many hearts, be it the Royal clans or gemstone lovers. The name Emerald is said to be derived from the Greek word ‘smaragdos’ which means ‘green gem/stone’ and it is called ‘Panna’ in the Indian subcontinent. The Emerald gemstone is revered as the stone of the heart, love, compassion, successful love, besides being a stone of good health, growth, prosperity, happiness and abundance, attributes which has made Emerald a much sought after stone. The Emerald healing properties include emotional, physical and metaphysical healing capabilities. So, Emerald gemstone benefits are appreciated and add to its value.
The Emerald Gemstone is a jeweller’s delight for centuries. Alluring Emerald Rings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings have been worn by eager customers, who can afford the gemstone. Panna also has Astrological importance and is often advised by Astrologers to natives who require it.
Emerald gemstone is the Birthstone for those born in the month of May. Being a lucky stone for people born in May, it can be worn as jewellery to bring in good luck along with the other attributes of the fantastic Emerald Gemstone.
Composition of Emerald
The Emerald gemstone is from the mineral Beryl family, which is actually Silicate of Aluminium and Beryllium along with metal Chromium, which is responsible for the colour of this stone.
Emerald hardness: 7.5–8 Mohs and cracks easily.
The colour of Emerald gemstone generally varies from Bluish-Green to absolute pure Green. However, it has been accepted that in natural form, it comes with inclusions, by people in the gems business. The price of the magnificent Emerald gemstone depends on the colour, intensity and purity. The deeper the colour of the Emerald, the more price it fetches.
History and Lore of Emerald Gemstone
The ancient Egyptians believed that Emerald gemstone is a stone representing life and it was common practice to place the stone in tombs, along with the dead body. Hermes Trismegistos, a magician of first-century Egypt, is said to have inscribed magical words on Emerald tablets, which gives the Emerald gemstone to be a magical stone.
The Greek Philosopher, Aristotle, used the Emerald and validated the stone’s power to help in speech, be it in business meetings, public speaking or otherwise. The natural Emerald Gemstone is said to have been used by Greeks and Egyptians to cure eye problems, even near or far-sightedness.
Legend has it Cleopatra, the Egyptian Empress, liked Emerald gemstones so much that she took ownership of all the Emerald mines in Egypt.
Where is Emerald Gemstone found?
The best quality Emerald gemstones are produced in Colombo, Srilanka and it is also the largest producer of this gemstone. Zambia follows in the second position with Afghanistan, Brazil, Pakistan being the other places where it is found.
EMERALD GEMSTONE BENEFITS
Gemstones have natural healing powers and are packed with healing properties of all kinds. When a natural, authentic, untreated, unheated Emerald gemstone is worn and is in constant touch with the skin, it changes the energies in favour of the wearer, bringing in benefits of the awesome Emerald gemstone.
- Wearing this Gemstone helps to forgive self, others and heals the heart.
- Love, compassion, care, understanding of others and self is it’s one of the gifts of the and it also draws energies of love and be open to receiving love.
- It eliminates heavy feelings, which may weigh down a person bringing in hope.
- To mend a broken heart, wear the Emerald gemstone. It helps in overcoming grief and provides emotional strength.
- These gemstones have a calming effect on the nerves. It soothes down the person and brings a sense of tranquillity inside and out.
- For attracting a romantic partner in life and also for bringing in the love energies in an existing relationship, the Emerald is recommended.
- Emerald gemstone brings prosperity, good luck, fortune and abundance for which the gemstone is popular all over the world.
- To improve the power of speech, the Emerald supports by giving confidence and helping with kind, sweet, eloquent speech. It is a great stone to heal stammering.
- For growth in business, successful ventures, it benefits easily, especially said to favour business-women.
- This amazing gemstone is a stone of creativity. Wearing it enhances creative skills, bring innovative ideas to the wearer and helps to nurture one’s creative self.
- Emerald is considered a stone with powers of renewal and rejuvenation. It is said to have anti-ageing properties and was used in ancient times for the same purpose.
- It is a useful stone for students as it has the power to assist to focus and concentration and increasing the memory power. Added to this the gemstone is said to help in sharpening mathematical skills or calculations.
- For seekers of knowledge of any kind wearing this gemstone yields benefits.
- It is a stone of faithfulness, loyalty and friendship and is a popular choice as an Engagement Ring.
- The Emerald gemstone is a very suitable stone for Writers, Orators, Lawyers, Teachers, Counsellors and Politicians.
- Spiritually, the Emerald gemstone serves as a connection with the Divine realm. Intuitive powers are increased by wearing this brilliant gemstone. It keeps the person assured of the unconditional love of the Divine, helping to remain in faith and trust the Divine plan.
- Physical Healing – The Emerald gemstone is bestowed with many physical healing powers. It strengthens the functions of the heart and ailments. Diseases related to the pancreas, liver, lungs, kidneys and gall bladder. It soothes and heals skin irritation, rashes, eczema and allergies. Physical problems related to the muscles, spine are relieved by wearing the amazing Emerald Gemstone. Healing the eye is a significant and well-known property of Emerald gemstone. So anyone who has ailments related to the eye can choose to wear the Emerald Gemstone.
- Chakra Healing- Emerald gemstones work on the Heart Chakra (Anahata), cleansing balancing and activating the Chakra.
Astrological Benefits of Emerald Gemstone
As per Vedic Astrology, the Emerald Gemstone is ruled by planet Mercury or Budh. Included in the Nava Ratnas, it is usually worn when Budh/Mercury is placed in the weak position of the native’s Horoscope/Kundli. It helps to relieve the native from malefic effects of the planet.
Mercury is the planet of analytical thinking, communication, intellect, humour and wit. So don’t be surprised if you are the centre of attraction at the party, regaling everyone with your smart and witty conversations, after wearing Emerald.
As I was advised to wear the Emerald gemstone, I did my share of research, I found a reputed place to buy it from. You too can browse through their collection of Emerald and other gemstones to make your choice.