Linksys RE6500 extender is one of the best networking devices (especially meant for internet lovers), offering blazing-fast and uninterrupted internet access throughout the building (no matter big or small). Basically, Linksys RE6500 extender takes the WiFi signals from your main router and extend them all over to a great extent. Thus, Linksys RE6500 extender is a solitary solution to fix slow internet connection.
Hold on! Like any other networking device, your Linksys RE6500 extender is also prone to major technical flaws. And these flaws can ruin your surfing experience, resulting in frustration and anger.
But you don’t have to worry as we’ve got you covered! In this write-up, we will discuss the 5 common yet major issues with your Linksys RE6500 extender with their fixes. Pull up your socks!
Issue 1: Unable to Access the Linksys Extender Login Page
If you are looking to fix basic issue of your Linksys extender, then the only way is to access its login page. After logging in successfully, you can configure your extender’s settings as per your preferences. But the thing is – 4 out of 5 users fail to access the Linksys extender login page due to some technical issues. If you are also one of those, then here are the fixes to combat the issue in minutes. Keep reading!
- Connect your Linksys RE6500 extender to your main router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on a desktop or a laptop that is connected to Linksys extender setup-xxx.
- Once done, hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar and type extender.linksys.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- Linksys RE6500 setup page displays.
- Enter the default Linksys extender login details into the required fields of the displayed window and click on Log In.
Thus, in this way, you can easily access the login page of your Linksys extender.
Issue 2: Can’t Change the SSID and Password of Linksys RE6500 Extender
Linksys RE6500 extender comes with default SSID and password (security key). However, the default details need to be changed during Linksys extender setup, so that no unknown person can have access over your WiFi network. In the event that you are facing issues while changing the default Linksys extender SSID and password, do the following:
- Open a web browser to and type extender.linksys.com in the address bar to log in to the Linksys extender setup page.
- You will be prompted to enter the default Linksys extender login password. Enter it carefully without typos and click on Log In. and if you have changed the default Linksys extender login password, use it instead of the default one.
- Click on Basic Settings, and enter your preferred SSID and password in the given fields.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
If you can’t change the extender’s SSID and password, feel free to ask us anytime.
Issue 3: Slow Internet After Linksys Extender Setup
Another major issue with RE6500 is that users find their internet running at snail’s pace after Linksys extender setup. The main reason behind slow internet after Linksys extender setup can be network congestion. It means many unknown devices are connected to your Linksys extender’s WiFi network.
To fix this issue, do the following:
- Disconnect unknown devices from your Linksys extender WiFi network.
- Disable the extender’s SSID.
- Change the default Linksys extender login password. Also change the Linksys router login password if you have a router of this brand. And if you have a router of any other brand, change its login password too.
Issue 4: Linksys Extender Firmware Update Failed
Unable to update Linksys extender firmware? Worry not! This issue can easily be fixed by following the troubleshooting tactics given-below:
- Verify if your Linksys extender’s power LED is stable and green.
- Power cycle your Linksys extender and router.
- Ensure that your Linksys extender is receiving continuous power supply.
- Check whether you are downloading the correct firmware version for your Linksys RE6500 extender.
- Contact us to get complete Linksys extender firmware steps.
Issue 5: Downloading Speed of Linksys Extender is not Up to the Mark
The downloading speed of your Linksys RE6500 extender may rely on a number of factors. For instance, if a number of devices are connected to Linksys extender setup-xx at the same time, you will surely face speed issues. Other than that, if your Linksys extender is placed at a distance from your router, then also it can result in the same problem.
To fix this:
- Make sure to use the correct WiFi password while connecting to the extender’s network.
- Switch to a different channel.
- Upgrade your router and your data plan.
So these were the 5 issues generally experienced by 90 percent of Linksys extender users. Hopefully, the fixes given in this write-up have helped you out. However, if you experience any sort of issue with your Linksys RE6500 extender or any other model, take immediate help from our skilled experts via comments.